It's easier than you might think to create a custom template for quickly scaffolding your VueJS projects with WebPack.
After you have finished this quick tutorial, you will be able to scaffold a customized app based off the official vuejs webpack template.
Here's the steps:
Create a new template
- fork the https://github.com/vuejs-templates/webpack repo
- rename the forked repo (optional, but recommended)
- edit the contents of
templateto reflect your desired project content
- commit and push changes
Use your template
vue init my-username/my-repo myproject
and that's it!
Some things you can do now:
- Create a template with the standard VueJS ecosystem (vue-router, vuex) pre-configured
- Create a template for building a component library which publishes to docs instead of dist (see: Documenting your VueJS project with Github Pages
- Create a template for scaffolding mobile apps using your preferred mobile UI framework and publishing via Cordova (link coming soon ...)